1st April Fool No Sandesh News Report
- The most light-hearted day of the year, the All Fools’ Day also known as the April fool’s day is celebrated on the 1st of Aprileach year. And how could it not be fun, as the day is all about making fool of friends and family with practical jokes. The best part—people aren’t offended, generally.
- Though the day is celebrated by many people across the globe, the exact origin of April fool’s day is not known. Some historians believe that the day originated from the Greco-Roman festival Hilaria, which was celebrated on March 25. The festival revered the ancient Greek Mother of Gods, Cybele. People participated in parades and jokes on this day as it celebrated the first day after the vernal equinox.
- The other possible reason behind celebrating April fool’s day goes back to 16th century France, when the Christian world switched to the Gregorian calendar and thus the New Year's Day was moved from April 1 to January 1. Some people continued to celebrate New Year's Day on April 1st, they were referred to as "April fools" and other people played pranks on them.
- While the origin of this day is not known for sure, people across the world celebrate it in different ways. In France, April 1st is known as "Poisson d'Avril" and children fool their friends on this day by taping a paper fish to their friends' backs without the latter’s knowledge; whereas in Scotland, April Fools' is celebrated for two days. In Canada and England, tricks are played on each other only in the morning of April 1st!
To make your April 1st a memorable April fool’s day this year, here are some prank ideas:
1. The classic Oreo and toothpaste trick
- This is an old trick, but it never fails! All you need to do is replace the cream in the Oreo cookies with toothpaste and place the cookies back in the jar or plate. Offer them to your friends and family, and wait till they take each the cookies.
2. Fake spoilers
- The idea is to tell fake spoilers to your friends about books and movies they are currently reading or watching, or plan to. Tell your friends that their favourite characters will either die or has a personality disorder. Wait till your friends eventually they find out the reality; their reaction will be priceless.