- The chief electoral officer (CEO) in the state will launch a SMS-based query resolution system on September 2, for voters who want to know their polling booth or contact details of the booth-level officers. However, to avail this facility the voter must register his/her name in the voters list, if it is missing at present or change details in the electoral rolls from September 1.
- Anita Karwal, CEO of Gujarat state said, “We will be publishing the final electoral roll on August 31. From September 1, we will have a continuous revision drive of electoral roll, which will continue till the last date of nominations for the assembly election,” she said, adding that another supplementary roll will be published later.
- “We will also be starting SMS query-based system. Voters will need to send SMS with their EPIC (Election Photo Identity Card) number to 9227500958 to know about their polling station and details of Booth Level Officer (BLO). For instance, to know polling station they will need to type EPIC followed by a space and their EPIC number. To know about their BLO, they will need to type BLO followed by a space and their EPIC number. In 30 seconds, they will get SMS from the CEO providing them the information.”
- Apart from this, CEO has set up a district-wise helpline for voters. “We have one state level helpline number, 1950, from where voters come to know about their polling stations and other information related to voting. Apart from this, we have also started a district-wise helpline. These helplines are functional between 10 am to 6 pm on all working days, but during election time, it will also be functional in shifts,” Karwal informed.
- Elections are conducted according to the constitutional provisions, supplemented by laws made by Parliament. The major laws are Representation of the People Act, 1950, which mainly deals with the preparation and revision of electoral rolls, the Representation of the People Act, 1951 which deals,in detail, with all aspects of conduct of elections and post election disputes.Information relating to enrolment of name in the electoral roll, conduct of elections and issue of Electors’ Photo Identity Cards (EPIC) are available on this website for awareness of the public and for encourage Voters to exercise their electoral rights.Electors and public in general are requested to avail of this opportunity and give their opinion/suggestions for improving the site and making it transparent and citizen-friendly.
Tag : USEFULL INFO