- TYPE FOLLOWING MSG IN YOUR MOBILE
- epic<space>your voter id card no.
- LIKE epic xxv3250147
- SEND THIS MSG TO 8511199899
- The right to vote is the heart of every democracy. The true power lies with the people of every democracy who ultimately decide the destiny of the country by choosing the representatives who run the Government. India is one of the largest democratic countries in the world in terms of number of voters. In a country so populous, different states have varied concerns and ideas. Hence, voting becomes a medium of expression for people. Given the number of elections that comes and goes by in India and also the rising population, one cannot deny the fact that there have been a few instances of malpractices like vote rigging. To make the process of voting smooth and to ensure that every eligible citizen gets a chance to vote, the Government of India came up with the Voter ID cards in 1993. Now, Voter ID cards have been shaped to EPIC - Electoral Photo Identity Cards.
- How to Apply Voter ID in Ahmedabad
- Applying for a new EPIC in Gujarat can be done online. Also, the Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat has a dedicated website that allows voters to apply for a change of information on the Voter ID and to delete their names from the electoral list. After the introduction of online facilities for modification of information in Voter ID and application for a Voter ID in Gujarat, the whole process of handling a Voter ID has become less time consuming and simple
- How to Apply for Voter ID Online in Gujarat
- Applying for a Voter ID has become an easy and hassle free process in Gujarat with the web portal offered by the Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat. Candidates can log on to the website to add their names to the electoral roll by filling an online form.
- Read the steps given below to apply for a Voter ID online in Gujarat:
- Visit the website of Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat. Select “Online Voter Registration” option that is available in the homepage.
- As no person is entitled to be registered in the electoral roll of more than one constituency, you must check if your name is in the electoral roll before making a fresh application.
- If you select the option to check if your name is present in the electoral roll, you will have to give information like your district name, name, father or husband’s name and age.
- If your name is not present in the electoral list, you must make a fresh application. Initially, you will have to register in the portal by providing your name, email id, phone number, address and pincode.
- Once you have registered and logged in, select “Form 6 for new Voter Registration” in the page that is being displayed. You will have to enter the EPIC (Electoral Photo Identity Card) number of your family member or neighbourhood.
- Form 6 for registration of your name in the Voter ID will be displayed on the screen. You will have to enter information like your name, address, date of birth and details of other family members whose name has been enrolled in the electoral list.
- After you submit the form, you will also have the option to upload documents like address proof and age proof. You will receive a copy of the pdf file which you have to save and take a print out.
- You must submit the copy of printout in the nearest Election Commission office by post. After verification, the new Voter ID will be sent to you by post to your registered address.
Tag : USEFULL INFO