Gujarat Sarkar Ni Latest Sahay (Lon) Yojana 2017/18
- The Gujarat Scene Gujarat has a comparatively small population of SCs. According to the 2011 Census, the population of the SCs in Gujarat is 40.74 lakhs, which comes to 6.74% of the total population of the State of 604.40 lakhs.
- The SCs in Gujarat are dispersed in all the districts of the State unlike the Scheduled Tribes the bulk of who live in eight districts in the eastern part of the State. Out of the 18,225 villages in the State,
- as many as 12,808 villages have Scheduled Castes population. There are 3,100 villages and towns which have SC population of 250 and above.
- These villages and towns contain about 50 percent of the total SC population of the State. In many villages there are more than one Scheduled Castes localities.
- Though the SC population is found in all the districts of the State, the larger concentration of them in Ahmedabad, Banaskantha, Junagadh, Mehsana and Vadodara districts.
- This state-wide dispersal of the SCs makes it impossible to adopt an area based development approach for their economic advancement as has been possible in the case of the Scheduled Tribes. The SCSP therefore, contains larger element of family oriented schemes.
- The scope for infrastructural schemes would be confined to micro-level locality oriented programmes for providing minimum needs of the SC localities.
- In the field of education, there has been a significant improvement in the condition of the SCs during the last two decades. According to the 1961 Census, the literacy rate among the Scheduled Castes was 22.46% against the rate of 30.45% for the general population.
- By 2011, the literacy rate among the SCs went up to 79.18%, which is slightly higher than the general literacy rate of the State which is 78.03%. The SC female literacy rate of 69.9% is at par with the general literacy rate of 69.7 There has been remarkable increase in male literacy rate which is 87.9 % and higher than the general literacy rate of 85.8%
- As per Census 2017, classification of population be economic activity reveals that out of the total population of 604.40 lakh in the state, 203.65 lakh (33.7 percent) were main workers, 44.02 lakh (7.3 percent) were marginal workers and 356.72 lakh (59.0 percent) were nonworkers.
- Among males 52.6 percent were main workers, 4.6 percent were marginal workers and remaining 42.8 percent were non-workers, while among females 13.1 percent were main workers, 10.3 percent were marginal workers and remaining 76.6 percent were non-workers. Even among the SCs, there are wide socio-economic disparities between different Castes - Valmiki, Hadi, Nadia, Garo(Garoda), Turi, SC Bava, Vankar Sadhu,Senva, Turi-barot, TirgarTirbanda, Thori and Matang communities being the most backward among them.
- These vulnerable communities, whose population is approximately 8.00 lakhs, are therefore singled out for special treatment and exclusive schemes have been formulated for their benefit.
- Download Gujarat Sarkar Ni Latest Sahay (Lon) Yojana 2017/18 Are Given Below link..Important Link:
- Vividh Sahay Yojana 2017/18
Tag : GOVE. YOJANA